asked this on October 29, 2012 05:16
How do you control what the text size will be when you create a form-fillable PDF? When people fill in the forms that I create, they either end up with huge characters (didn't write much) or tiny characters (too much to write).
It sounds like you have the text size set as Auto. To change the text size of a Text Field please follow the steps below.
1. Click on the Forms tab and create your Text Field
2. Right click on the Text Field and choose Properties
3. Click on the Appearance tab
4. Change the size from the drop down
Thanks for your detailed explanation, it's a great help! I have two further questions about text size:
1) It is possible to set up the text size so that in future all form fields are set to that size/colour?
2) what is the purpose of the form field name? If I create other form fields and rename them with the same name will they take on the same properities characteristics?
3) Under options > Usage Options - do I need to click multi-line if I expect several paragraphs to be entered?
Thanks again for your help : )
1) To set a default font, size and color for future form fields, right-click the form field that you wish to replicate and select 'Use Current Appearance As New Default' (see below).
2) Correct - if you choose to rename a form field with the same name as another, it will copy whatever is entered into one, into the other as well.
3) Also correct - if you expect a field to have extensive text entered into it, multi-line would be an option that would need to be selected.
Support Software by Zendesk